Resident Evil 0 – Relive the Awesome Classic with Enhanced Visuals, High-Res Textures and 5.1 Surround Sound
Capcom has released the debut trailer and screenshots for Resident Evil 0, a new remaster of the amazing classic game coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in early 2016.
You can view a set of screenshots in the gallery below:
Resident Evil 0, a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original Resident Evil game, is coming to PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016. This remastered version takes the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original 2002 release and transforms it with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system and more. Both series fans and newcomers alike can experience the story of what really happened before the iconic mansion incident that was the catalyst for the entire Resident Evil saga.
The story of Resident Evil 0 takes players back to 1998. Reports have been mounting about unusual murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. The city’s Special Forces division, S.T.A.R.S., sends their Bravo Team – including rookie cop member Rebecca Chambers – to investigate. On route, the team’s helicopter suffers engine trouble and is forced to make a crash landing, where they find an overturned prisoner transport vehicle. Splitting up to search the area, Rebecca discovers the Ecliptic Express, a train stopped dead on the tracks. Inside, she meets death row convict and ex-Navy lieutenant Billy Coen. Throughout the game, players will take control of both Rebecca and Billy, at times switching between both characters in order to proceed. Learning the advantages of each character is the key to solving puzzles and surviving the nightmares that lie ahead.
- Return to the series origins – Discover the truth behind what led to the horrors at the Mansion in
- Resident Evil in this fan-favorite and popular prequel title to the series.
- Completely enhanced visuals – New high-resolution textures have been created from scratch, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, while still preserving the classic appearance of the original release.
- Fully remastered sound effects – 5.1 surround support provides a more experiential gaming atmosphere that best matches players’ listening environments.
- Relive the classic horror in either its original settings or modified to modern-day standards:
- Experience the horror in the classic 4:3 ratio or newly added 16:9 widescreen mode
- Play with the classic control scheme, or enjoy a new alternative scheme where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick.
- Fan-favorite Resident Evil characters – Rookie S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers and wanted criminal Billy Coen combine skills and buddy up to survive the undead and infected nightmares that await them.
According to listings of the official E3 website, Capcom will have the following genres available at E3 2015:
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
Adventure > Xbox One
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
A new Resident Evil could be revealed from Capcom at E3 2015
It’s quite possible that Devil May Cry 4: Enhanced Edition will be making an appearance. The game is set for a June 18 release for the PlayStation 4, Xbox one and PC. A new Resident Evil title could be revealed, something that has been teased for some time now, or even a completely new title.
Due to Capcom’s recent partnership with Sony, the Playstation 4 fighting game listed is without a doubt Street Fighter V. The latest iteration of the long running fighting franchise will be a console exclusive for Sony but will also be released for the PC.
The Adventure game is currently unknown so it could be anything. Deep Down probably will not be at the show, as it was stated that it’s undergoing some big changes and will result in being very different with a larger vision.
We will bring you any news from Capcom, Resident Evil and E3 2015 as soon as it becomes available.