PACman Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z
PACman ROM is popular among the jungle of custom ROMs since it combines the best features from three best and most successful ROMs. PACROM covers tweaks and functions from CyanogenMod, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid. Get PACROM from PACman on your Sony Xperia Z and have one easy phone life!
Prerequisites to check before you install PACman custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z:
- Your device should be rooted to install any custom ROMs.
- Sony Xperia Z should also be installed with a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP. Be careful as the warranty voids with rooting or flashing custom recovery tools on your device.
- Your computer should be installed with ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
- Backup any important data from your Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- A Nandroid backup is also recommended since it will help you to restore to current state if you do not like the new ROM.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install PACMan custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z:
Required files: Download fastoot package on your PC and unzip the fastboot.zip file into C drive c:\. It will generate fastboot folder containing four files.
Download the PACROM for Xperia Z from this link and copy the zip file to internal storage of your Sony phone. Get the boot.img file and copy the it to fastboot folder - now you have 5 files in fastboot.
- Switch your Sony Xperia Z off and reboot into recovery mode: hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your Sony Xperia to PC using a USB cable.
- Now, open the command prompt on computer: Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Now enter the following command which will take you to the fastboot folder: cd c:\Fastboot
- Next enter the command fastboot flash boot boot.img to install boot.img.
- When you get a message waiting for device, enter another command to install kernel: fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img
- When the boot.img is installed on your device, you will get an OKAY/Finished message.
- Once the installation process is done, disconnect your phone from PC and put it in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, perform wipe operations: wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache and finally from advanced, select wipe dalvik cache to clear the dalvik cache.
- Return to main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once the installation is finished successfully, select Go Back and then select Reboot System Now.
Ta da! The popular PACROM from PACMan is now installed on your Sony Xperia Z.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.