AT&T released the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for HTC One X devices today, which is quite late considering the other similar devices got the beloved JB update quite a time ago. The Jelly Bean update for HTC One X AT&T can be availed from OTA.
In case you haven’t received the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update yet, continue reading this tutorial to flash the latest official firmware for HTC One X. Unlike most of the flashing tutorials, this one does not need your device to be rooted or have a custom recovery tool since it’s an official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS update released by your carrier. This update also will not void your warranty and in fact, if your HTC One X is already rooted and flashed with a custom firmware, you can restore the warranty by flashing this default JB 4.1 update.
Important: this tutorial is only for HTC One X AT&T devices. Please do not try this on any other device or carrier.
Prerequisites before you update HTC One X to official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean:
- Take a backup of your important data on your HTC One X: contacts, messages, emails, etc.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by following the Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging path.
- Make sure your HTC device has at least 70% of battery.
Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update for HTC One X:
Download the required file from here and save it on your computer.
- Connect your HTC One X with computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file in your handset’s root or in the phone’s storage. Not in any sub folders.
- Disconnect the device and turn your phone off.
- Reboot it into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power, Volume Down buttons until the fastboot menu appears.
- Use the volume key to navigate to the recovery option and select it using the power button. When HTC logo appears and the screen goes blank, press and hold Volume Up and Down keys simultaneously and press and release the power button.
- Now you will see a blue menu which is an indication of a successful boot into the recovery mode.
- Select Apply update from internal storage from the menu and press power key to proceed.
- The updating process will begin now which can take a few minutes.
- When the flashing is done, select reboot system now.
You have successfully updated your AT&T HTC One X to the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware. Have fun with the revamped look and features.