Last week Nvidia had released beta 258.96 WHQL-signed drivers for their GeForce series of products. Now the final version of the drivers is out which adds support for new cards such as the GTX460, GTX 480M and 315/310 series cards. Apart from the these cards the drivers officially support all Nvidia GeForce GPUs from the Nvidia 6 series upto the current GTX400 series and the ION series as well.
Here is the full list of changes:Advertisement
- Adds support for GeForce GTX 460.
- Adds additional performance increases for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games (these improvements are in addition to the previously reported Release 256 improvements). The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured with GeForce GTX 480. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 11% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
- Up to 7% in Crysis: Warhead (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF – Gamer)
- Up to 4% in H.A.W.X (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF – Very High)
- Up to 10% in Just Cause 2 (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF – Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 6% in Metro 2033 (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
- Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 12% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 4% in World in Conflict (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0224.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver version 188.8.131.52 (for supported GPUs).
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.