How to Flash Stable and Feature-Packed S8 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7
We keep bringing you a new Nougat ROM for the Galaxy S7, especially with a focus on those that promise to bring the latest and most exciting features from the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. We have already shared with you the popular BatmanROM. Today’s guide focuses on Android Nougat ODEX AMBASADII custom firmware.
Please note that unlike what we usually do, this post brings installation steps directly from the developer, so proceed at your own risk. We have shared the developer’s thread if you want to check out all the details or need any support.
AMBASADII Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7 features:
* fixed permissions for external storage r/w
* private mode fixed
* keep current csc or select region from aroma!
* added CSC for 54 countries
* added reboot to recovery button to power menu
* enabled fingerprint unclock after reboot without pattern or pin
* enabled duration keys lighting in the setting
* enabled secret mode in samsung browser
* disabled high volume warning for head phones
* enabled ambient display
* enabled floating messages
* enabled applock
* enabled screen capture toggle with screen recorder support
* enabled google assistant (only for english language)
* enabled air command N5
* enabled multi subsymbols for S7 keyboard
* enabled knox secure folder support
* 1060 Fonts Pack mod
* iOS Emoji mod
* A.R.I.S.E Sound Systems™ mod
* Dolby Atmos™ mod
* Dual Speaker Sound Mod
* AryaMod Sound Mod All in One (Viper+Dolby+Beats Audio)
* Included many ported S8 apps!
Note: For a detailed changelog, bugs, complete installation steps, and more details visit this XDA thread.
Prerequisites to install Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60%.
Steps to flash Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7:
Here’s the recommended installation method from the developer (more details and download links here):
- Download Odin v3.12.3.
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.2.zip file and copy it to the memory card.
- Activate developer mode and turn on enable OEM.
- Reboot phone to Download Mode by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down keys.
- Turn off auto-reboot options in Odin and using Odin, flash and manually reboot your Galaxy S7 into recovery mode.
- Go to options and select wipe data format > write yes.
- After finishing wipe, restart phone to recovery mode. [This will clear the memory of the phone without touching the data on the scdard].
- Confirm allow modifications if prompted.
- Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.2.zip and reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- Confirm allow modifications.
- Wipe data, cache, system, and dalvik-cache.
- Install ROM and restart your Samsung Galaxy S7.
Don’t forget to share your experience with this firmware with us.