New Add-On Content Detailed for Rise of the Tomb Raider
Back in October Crystal Dynamics talked a little about their plans for a season pass and how they wanted to add more content to the single-player experience. At The Game Awards we actually got to see Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch for the first time
Rise of the Tomb Raider’s DLC detailed, coming throughout 2016 with new outfits and weapon skins too.
Now we have far more details following the show the other night. Major Nelson has posted details about a number of different content packages that’ll be available as either standalone DLC or part of the season pass that’s available. All the DLC will be available for both the Xbox One and the Xbox 360.
Though Rise of the Tomb Raider hasn’t yet been released on the PC (or PS4 for that matter), it’s not much of a stretch to think that most, if not all, of the DLC that’s coming will be available for all platforms. It’s also possible that platform exclusive DLC, or other content, could arrive in the future. The timed exclusive for the Xbox One might precipitate that.
Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC Details:
Endurance Mode – Available December 29th
Alone and in the wild, Lara must scrounge, scavenge, craft and survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is her ultimate woman-versus-wild test to push the limits of how long she can survive on her own in sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, but everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Challenge friends to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards for the title of Ultimate Survivor. Includes a new outfit and weapon.
Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch – Available in early 2016
Deep in the wilds of Siberia, there is a forbidden forest that no man will enter, where a Soviet expedition vanished without a trace. Lara enters the Wicked Vale in search of a missing man, but what she finds is a nightmare that she cannot explain. Is the witch, Baba Yaga, truly haunting the forbidden forest? Or is there more to the legend? Featuring hours of new gameplay, this adventure expands the story of the main campaign with Lara facing deadly new adversaries, exploring a new puzzle-filled tomb, and solving a decades old mystery, all culminating in a showdown with an ancient and mythic evil. Includes a new outfit, and a new bow.
Cold Darkness Awakened – Available in 2016
Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilds that transforms beasts and men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected predators while scrounging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes a new outfit and weapon.
Expedition Card Packs
- Silver Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, guaranteed to contain at least one Uncommon Card.
- Gold Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, guaranteed to contain at least one Rare Card.
- Advantage Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, each of which will give Lara a distinct advantage while playing. Perfect for those looking for a little edge.
- Challenge Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, each of which inflicts a restriction on Lara or another modifier that makes gameplay more difficult. Overcome challenges to earn bonus credits.
- Wild Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, each of which will have a highly unique impact on gameplay. Who knows what creative, crazy, or even Rare Cards are within?
New outfits & weapon skins
- (available now) The Siberian Ranger Pack – Includes the “Siberian Ranger” outfit which increases Lara’s carrying capacity of all special ammunition, the “Accipiter Nox” Semi-Automatic Pistol skin, and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
- (available in 2016) The Prophet’s Legacy Pack – Includes the “Immortal Guardian” outfit that reduces Lara’s damage from Greek Fire, the “Piercing Truth” dagger and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
- (available in 2016) The Ancient Vanguard Pack – Includes the “Ancient Vanguard” outfit that reduces the delay before Lara regenerates her health, the “Guiding Light” Bow skin and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
- (available in 2016) The Wilderness Survivor Pack – Includes the “Nightshade” outfit that gives Lara the chance of looting an exotic animal resource from a common animal, the “Deathsong” Bloody Hatchet and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.