Mortal Kombat X Gets New 15GB Patch, Fixes Save Issue
High Voltage, the studio behind the PC port of Mortal Kombat X, has released a new update that takes up over 15GB in size. The new update is a re=release of the last patch, which caused gamers to lose all their progress. The patch was temporarily removed to address the issue, and the updated version was released shortly after.
High Voltage is contacting players affected by the bug to remedy the situation.
“We are truly sorry if the recent patch did cause you to lose your game save. Affected players should be hearing from us soon with details on how we are addressing the situation.
If you lost your save due to the patch and have not heard from us by Friday May 8th at 12pm EST, please submit a Customer Service help request by visiting support.wbgames.com and selecting “Ask for Help” from the menu at the top. Select “Gameplay Help Request” as your Question Type, “Save Game issue” as your Specific Question, and include your Steam Account Name in your help request description.”
Changelog for Mortal Kombat X Update:
- Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
- Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
- A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
- Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
- Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
- Fixed startup crash on high end systems (those with > 8 cores).
- Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
- Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
- Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
- Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
- The levers in Shao Khan’s Tomb will now activate.
- Shinnok’s Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
- Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
- Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
- Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
- Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
- Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
- D’Vorah’s cape no longer moves when she’s killed.
- Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
- Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
- Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
- After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
- Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
- Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
- Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
- The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
- Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
- Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
- Additional graphical fidelity options.
- General Matchmaking improvements.
- Performance improvements
- Improved online stability
- Multiplayer invite improvements
- Gameplay fixes and balancing
- Various Kombat Kard fixes
- WB Play fixes
- General bug fixesA