MaximusHD Custom ROM for HTC One Android 4.3 JB
Another custom ROM named MaximusHD Android 4.3 has been released on XDA for the HTC One smartphone. This stock build was leaked a few days back and is getting quite a many good reviews. Follow this tutorial to successfully update your HTC One to MaximusHD custom ROM.
- Backup any important data from your HTC One as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your HTC One must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the tutorial is only focused on HTC One; kindly do not attempt it on other Android devices.
How to install MaximumHD custom ROM for HTC One:
Required files: download MaximumHD Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for HTC One from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for HTC One from this link.
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy both the zip files to your smart phone’s internal memory card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC One.
- Boot it into bootloader mode.
- Next perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore on CWM.
- Now wipe data: from CWM recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the MaximusHD Android 4.3 JB zip and confirm the flashing process. The ROM installation process will take several minutes, so be patient.
- When done, follow the above step for GApps package installation on your HTC One.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One into the newly installed MaximusHD Android 4.3 custom OS. First boot will take a few minutes.