First Mass Effect 3 Screenshots Revealed along with Spoilerific Details
Brand new details and First screenshots of Bioware’s upcoming Sci-Fi RPG game “Mass Effect 3″ have been revealed. The details have been given by an Spanish gaming magazine, A big thanks to Game Informer for posting two exclusive screenshots of the game.
The details focus on how Shepard became enemies with Cerberus, The info shows that the reason for Cerberus going against you will be revealed at the start of the game. It also details that the Cerberus will use mechas, assault units and shock troopers against Shepard who they resurrected in the previous title (Mass Effect 2).
Locations in the game will include New York, London, a moon of Koriano [Quarian] world, a Salarian world and Mars, among others and most probably a chance to free roam the galaxy like in Mass Effect 2. The game will also feature different Combat Moves, Skills, Customizeable Weapons and Space Battle (Not Confirmed yet). The info also details on the Reapers that they’ll be huge as ever ranging from 500-600 meters of the smaller ships to the 2km for Herald.
Full Info below:
- Reason Cerberus is against Shepard explained at beginning.
- You won’t know story until you play through it. Revealed piece by piece as you progress, unlike in Mass Effect 2 where you knew what was happening from the start.
- Cerberus forces consist of mechs and new “ninja-style” shock troops.
- Reaper ships range in size from a 2km mothership to 500-600 meter other units (likely the ones from the Mass Effect 3 reveal trailer.)
- Dynamic combat: Mechs for example, require targeting weak points to bring them down.
- Improved AI: Participants in enemy groups play specific roles and can run “coordinated assaults” against you.
- Certain enemies let you cut off their arms, take their head off or break off pieces of armor.
- Much larger variety of enemies.
- Player can now roll, jump, dive into cover and engage in a variety of faster melee attacks.
- Engineers can build turrets.
- There’s a new “Heavy Melee” class.
- Combat is 10-15% faster and you’ll be forced to move a lot.
Role Playing Elements
- As we knew before, weapons are customizable with five variants offered for each part of the gun.
- More items available to “loot” and more of an inventory system.
- Much “richer” skill tree.
- No driving vehicles like in Mass Effect 1.
- Doesn’t mean there are no vehicles at all – they’re not revealing yet.
- Rumor of possible space battles.
- Normandy SR-2 remains the same.
- Environments are larger and more dynamic.
- You’ll see people walking, ships fighting, more interactive.
- Architecture and lightning much improved – aiming for photorealism.
- On Earth, you’ll visit New York and London.
- You’ll also visit Mars, a Quarian world and a Salarian world.
- There’s a new planet scanning system.
The shots below show Commander Shepard engaging through Cerberus Troops on the Salarian Homeworld.