Kingston’s HyperX line has always come up with one thing in terms of PC hardware. Performance. From highly overclockable memory modules to high speed USB’s, Kingston has never failed to impress and always leaves it’s mark out in the crowd.
As for now, Kingston has unveiled another memory product in the SSD market entitled the ‘HyperX SSD’. It is the first SATA drive of it’s kind to come with the SATA Rev 3.0 (6Gb/s).
Along with that under the hood comes the latest SandForce controller that allows the drive to reach up to blistering read and write speeds of 555 and 510 MB/s respectively.
The drives are currently available in 120GB and 240GB capacities that also come bundled with 2.5″ to 3.5″ desktop mounting plate for installing in expansion bays of desktop systems.
No word on pricing available yet. Scroll down below for the official press release.
Hsinchu, Taiwan – August 2, 2011 –Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the HyperX SSD, its first SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) solid-state drive. The Kingston HyperX SSD features the latest SandForce controller and is designed for enthusiasts, gamers and performance users.
Kingston HyperX SSD highlights include:
- 120GB and 240GB capacities*. Ships as a standalone SSD (includes HyperX branded 2.5″ to 3.5″ desktop mounting plate); or as a bundle with the HyperX Upgrade Kit for easy installation (includes Acronis True Image HD migration software, desktop mounting plate, external drive bay, multi-head screwdriver, SATA data cable).
- Incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555 / 510MB/s1.
- Max 4KB random read/write of 95,000 / 70,000 IOPS2 (120GB).
- Premium Intel 25nm Compute NAND (5k P/E Cycles).
- SandForce SF-2281 controller featuring SATA Rev 3.0 (6GB/s).
Kingston HyperX SSD
Part number Capacity and features SH100S3/120G 120GB Stand-alone SSD SH100S3/240G 240GB Stand-alone SSD SH100S3B/120G 120GB HyperX Bundle Kit SH100S3B/240G 240GB HyperX Bundle Kit