Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – How to
Latest iOS 8.1.2 update released by Apple isn’t a major update tackling with an unusual ringtones issue. This while creates anger in users who expect the Cupertino tech giant to focus on major issues of Wi-Fi, battery drain, and Bluetooth, it also means that jailbreaking the latest version is possible. Unlike previous updates, Apple hasn’t patched anything which means you can easily jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 using Taig:
The latest iOS 8.1.2 update does not fix any vulnerabilities or loopholes making jailbreaking process easier and swift. We are jailbreaking iOS 8.1.2 using Taig; this method will work for:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from this link on your Windows computer as Mac version is not available yet. Unzip the file and follow these instructions:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using the USB cable.
- Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and from Settings > iCloud > disable Find my iPhone.
- Now launch the application as an Admin.
- Right click on the TaiG .exe file and select the Run as Administrator option.
- TaiG will detect your device; confirm the correct firmware and uncheck the TaiG Chinese App Store.
- Once done, click on the jailbreak button to initiate the jb process.
- When the process is finished, your iOS 8.1.2 device will reboot automatically and you will see the Cydia icon on your Home screen.
- It is important to backup your device before jailbreaking. You can use iCloud or iTunes to keep a copy of your data.
- TaiG jailbreak is only available for Windows. Mac users will have to run a VM to use TaiG.
- Disable firewalls or Anti-virus programs as they might prevent TaiG from working correctly.