iPhone 7 Recovery Mode – How to Enter or Exit
Here’s how you can enter iPhone 7 Recovery Mode in a few easy steps. We will also show you how to exit Recovery Mode as well.
Use iPhone 7 Recovery Mode If You Cant Update or Restore Your Device
If you’re a hardcore iOS user, there will come a point where you are forced to put your device into Recovery Mode because your iPhone or iPad refuses to restore or update no matter what you do. The process for entering Recovery Mode has been the same for a long time, but things have changed with the release of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus as they feature a solid state Home button. So, if you want to enter or exit Recovery Mode on iPhone 7, what should you do? We’ll walk you through the process.
Enter iPhone 7 Recovery Mode
1. Connect your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
2. Launch iTunes. You can download it from apple.com if you haven’t already.
3. Now, on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo shows up.
4. Do not let go of the buttons until you see a screen that looks like the one below.
iTunes will notify you with a pop-up window whether or not the Recovery Mode was successful. It’s totally up to you after that whether you want to update your iPhone or restore it.
But what if you want to exit Recovery Mode? Don’t worry we have you covered for that as well.
Exit iPhone 7 Recovery Mode
1. Assuming your iPhone 7 is in Recovery Mode, disconnect your device from your computer.
2. Now hold down the Power + Volume Down key combination until you see the Apple logo on the display. When you do, simply let go of the buttons and your device will boot up normally.
I really wish it doesn’t come down to the point where you’re forced to update or restore your device using Recovery Mode. After all, it’s a big hassle albeit getting the job done in the least messiest way possible. But, if your device has totally given up on you, then you might want to take things up a notch and try DFU mode to restore it. The guide for which is linked here: iPhone 7 DFU Mode – How to Enter, Why You Need It.
Lastly, the method of hard reseting iPhone 7 is different as well. You can read all about it right here: How to Hard Reset iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.