iPhone 5c and iPad Mini Supplier Gets Orders of 4.7-inch iPhone 6
The latest report comes from Taiwan’s Industrial and Commercial Times who has shared the news that Apple iPhone 6 supplier Pegatron has received about 15% of the orders to manufacture and assemble the next Apple flagship 4.7-inch variant. Pegatron was also responsible for manufacturing iPhone 5c and iPad Mini last year; the contract was shared between Pegatron and Foxconn.
iPhone 6 supplier reports:
Scheduled for a launch in September, Pegatron has received the order to start the production of 50 million 4.7-inch iPhone 6 models by the end of this quarter. Foxconn will also share the work load with Pegatron as the previous years to produce the iPhone 6 models. According to reports, iPhone 6 supplier has already hired employees at its new plant in Kunshan, China. The new factory, as suggested by the reports coming from China, was set to go online and be ready for mass production by the end of 2014.
Earlier we had seen a report claiming that Apple may award Pegatron quite a lucrative contract to manufacture as much as half of the orders of iPhone 6. While another iPhone 6 supplier Foxconn is Apple’s long term and largest manufacturing partner, Apple shared the responsibility between the two to eliminate supply chain risks.
Next gen iPhone is expected to sport an ultra-thin, almost bezel-less design form with rounded edges. iPhone 6 leaked images and news suggest that the device will sport an A8 processor, 1 GB RAM, Touch ID sensor, and an improved 8 megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). iPhone 6 is also expected to sport a durable sapphire display panel. Software wise, iPhone 6 will be powered by iOS 8 featuring new fitness apps with a focus on Healthbook app, an improved Maps and Siri experience, inter-app communication capabilities and more such refinements.
Top iOS and Android posts this week:
- 5.5″ iPhone Sapphire Panel Costing Apple $280 – Only 10 Million Units will be Produced
- Images: Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G2, Apple iPhone 5s, Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 Camera Comparison
- Samsung has Detected Galaxy S5 Camera Failure Bug – Exchange Offered!
- Following the Rumors of Curved iPhone 6, Here Comes the First Mockup!
- Gems Hidden in Samsung Galaxy S5 In-House ISOCELL Sensor
- New Leaked Images of Premium Samsung Galaxy S5 – Launching in June!
- 2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina to Get Touch ID, A8 Processor, and an 8MP Camera
– Source: Macotakara