See ‘iOS in the Car’ in Action Running on an iOS 7 Simulator!
‘iOS in the Car simulator’:
Developer Steven Troughton-Smith has released the video of upcoming iOS in the Car feature running on an iOS simulator. iOS in the Car will let drivers access Maps, Messages, Music and more on their car’s touchscreen console.
– For more details and screenshots, read the detailed iOS in the Car review.
‘iOS in the Car’ simulator video:
The developer has also provided the following details in the YouTube description:
All available in the public, shipping version of iOS 7. Serial number masked for security. More info below the fold vv
• Supports Multiple Resolutions
• Supports touchscreens (presumably single-touch?), hardware buttons, wheels and touchpads
• Does not support multitasking – car display will always show same current on-screen app as iPhone (which can be locked/asleep)
• Whitelisted to specific Apple apps – no public API for developers [yet?]
• Has no keyboard UI – voice recognition as input
• UI clearly subject to change
• Missing functionality in video is due to iOS Simulator not containing all the stock iOS apps
iOS in the Car video:
iOS in the Car simulator is running on iOS 7.0.3 and shows the feature running on a separate 800 x 480 display window.