iOS 7.1 for iPhone and iPad with CarPlay, UI Tweaks, Siri and Touch ID Improvements
iOS 7.1 released for iPhone and iPad:
Apple iOS 7.1 released finally after quite a long beta testing period. Apple has just rolled out the first major iOS 7 update after iOS 7 launch in September. This latest iOS 7.1 released update includes some major improvements in Touch ID recognition, fixes Home screen crashing issue, and introduces CarPlay (formerly, iOS in the Car) support along with other general upgrades.
Apple had seeded the first iOS 7.1 beta update to developers back in November which was followed with four more beta updates with the iOS 7.1 beta 5 coming in February 5.
This latest iOS 7.1 released update will appease many as it brings in some long-awaited bug fixes along with the major improvements. Multiple UI tweaks are also part of iOS 7.1 update including a revamped shift and caps keys and redefined icons for the Phone, FaceTime and Messages app.
The latest iOS 7.1 update includes a plethora of general bug fixes that annoyed many early adopters. User interface tweaks, visual changes, and better accessibility with a new Button Shapes option along with Darken Colors option will help users tone down and control the whitish look of iOS 7.
Here is the complete iOS 7.1 release note. Apple has launched a new website page showing off some of the features that iOS 7.1 bundles.
– iOS experience designed for the car
– Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
– Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
– Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
– Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
– New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
– Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
– Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
– Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-freeAdvertisement
– Option to display events in month view
– Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
– Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
– Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
– New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
– New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
– iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
– FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
– Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
– Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
– Improved performance for iPhone 4
– Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
– Continued user interface refinements
Important: The latest iOS 7.1 released update fixes the evasi0n7 jailbreak tool patching key kernel exploits. Hence refrain from updating to this latest release if you want to keep your JB intact. We will await for any responses from team evad3rs.
For those of you on beta versions of iOS 7.1, do update to this latest iOS 7.1 as the beta 5 did no include CarPlay support and a critical SSL fix released in February.