iOS 10 Public Beta 2 & macOS Sierra Public Beta 2 Released
Apple just released iOS 10 Public Beta 2 and macOS Sierra Public Beta 2. Both updates are available over the air for download.
iOS 10 Public Beta 2 & macOS Sierra Public Beta 2 Have Arrived
The public betas of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra are same as their developer counterparts except they are aimed towards public testers. This also means that they are free to download and try, unlike their developer oriented versions. Both public betas have received new updates today that include the same feature additions as iOS 10 beta 3 and macOS Sierra beta 3.
If you have the previous public betas of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra installed on your devices then here are the steps for updating to the latest version right away.
iOS 10 Public Beta
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a WiFi network and make sure the device is charged beyond the 50% mark.
- Now launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- iOS 10 Public Beta 2 will pop right up. Simply tap on ‘Download and Install’ to get things rolling.
macOS Sierra Public Beta
- Connect to the Internet and launch the Mac App Store.
- Click on the ‘Updates’ tab at the top.
- Wait a few seconds for the Mac App Store to refresh.
- Once the second public beta pops up, simply click on the ‘Update’ button next to it.
We prefer saving your work beforehand since you’ll be required to restart your Mac to complete the update process.
Quick Word For New Users
Like we mentioned above, public beta software from Apple is absolutely free to try out. But of course, we will still recommend users to install pre-release software on spare devices. Beta software tends to be buggy in the oddest of places.
If you’re eager to try out iOS 10 and macOS Sierra Public Beta, then follow our guides posted below:
- Download iOS 10 Public Beta – iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- macOS Sierra Public Beta Released – How To Download
If you’re testing out iOS 10 Public Beta currently or the developer oriented release, then here’s how you can downgrade back to iOS 9.x:
Public beta software is the perfect way to lend Apple a helping hand. Through your usage you can report back on bugs and crashes so that Apple can fix things as it moves into the future. Furthermore, it is also a great way for people to try out new software without tossing in a dime.
If you are currently running public beta software on your devices, then we highly recommend you update right away without giving it a second thought.