Another Slide has been leaked by donanimhaber.com which shows that the Intel’s Upcoming LGA 2011 Platform (X79) won’t consist of 8 Core CPU’s. A slide leaked a few hours ago detailed that the upcoming Sandy Bridge-E Lineup would consist of Fully/Limited Unlocked variants of 6 and 4 Core Processors.
The Sandy Bridge-E (Codenamed – Waimea Bay) will compete against the AMD’s Bulldozer based Zambzei Platform which consits of 4, 6 and 8 Core Processors. Intel is also releasing a 6 Core Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E CPU with unlocked multiplier and a L3 cache of 15Mb, Speed – 3.33Ghz.
The leaked Slide also details the key features of the upcoming platform:
- 32Nm Sandy Bridge Architecture
- 6 and 4 Core Processors
- Large Intel Smart Cache
- Integrated PCI-e I/O to control discrete graphics
- Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Intel Hyper Threading Technology
- Advanced Encryption Standard Acceleration
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions
- LGA 2011 Socket
- 130W TDP
- Patsburg chipset
More Info on Sandy Bridge Processors here.