Intel Atom Bay Trail-M Refresh Arrives – New SKUs with Major Clock Enhancements
We were really happy to see that Intel is finally taking Atom seriously and when we got confirmation of the Intel Bay Trail-M refresh we were even happier. Step by step what originally started as a side earner is turning into a key part of the main show.
Bay Trail-M Refresh Brings New Models and Clock Enhancements
These are the new models that arrived with the Bay Trail-M Refresh of Intel’s Atom SKUs:
|L2 cache||GPU Frequency||Memory||TDP||Price|
|Celeron N2806||2 / 2||1.6 / 2 GHz||1 MB||311 MHz / 756 MHz||DDR3L-1066||4.5 Watt||$132|
|Celeron N2815||2 / 2||1.86 / 2.13 GHz||1 MB||311 MHz / 756 MHz||DDR3L-1066||7.5 Watt||$132|
|Celeron N2820||2 / 2||2.13 / 2.39 GHz||1 MB||311 MHz / 756 MHz||DDR3L-1066||7.5 Watt||$132|
|Celeron N2920||4 / 4||1.86 / 2 GHz||2 MB||311 MHz / 844 MHz||DDR3L-1066||7.5 Watt||$132|
|Pentium N3520||4 / 4||2.17 / 2.42 GHz||2 MB||313 MHz / 854 MHz||DDR3L-1333||7.5 Watt||$180|
Now here are the enhancement every model received over their older counter part:
- Celeron N2806: Refreshed the N2805 Model and got an increment of 133MHz of its base clock and a massive increment of 533MHz to its max clock. Integrated was increased by 89 Mhz.
- Celeron N2815: Refreshed the N2810 Model and got a a decrease of 133 Mhz of its base clock but an increase of 133 Mhz to its max clock. This is the lower spectrum refresh of the N2810
- Celeron N2820: Refreshed the N2810 Model. It got an increment of 133 Mhz of its base clock and a decent 390Mhz increment to its Max Clock. This is the upper spectrum refresh of the N2810
- Celeron N2920: Refreshed the Quad Core N2910 while getting a 260MHz increase to its base clock and a 400 MHz increase to max clock. Integrated GPU was also increased by 88MHz.
- Pentium N3520: Refreshed the N3520, while getting a 70MHz increase to base clock and a whooping 420MHz increase to maximum clock. Integrated GPU also increased by a massive 104 Mhz.
Wow, those are some really really good refreshes. With decent increases in clocks CPU and GPU. This should give the Bay Trail-M the edge in needs in the mobile department. And with all the racket of its rivals, its going to need it.
— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) November 10, 2013
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.