Well, developers will be developers, if you will not get them the latest and greatest in software, they might as well go out of their way and cook some themselves. Such has been the case in this instance, while CyanogenMod team is still busy cooking CyanogenMod 11, Android 4.4 Kit Kat for their huge user-base. A senior member of XDA forums went ahead and has released beta-ports of CM 11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113.
Before you go ahead and take the plunge, please make note that this is a beta-port of CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROM. And it will have certain clinks and shortcomings of its own, but keep visiting the page, and I will keep it updated with the latest releases of the software.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your tablet to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.Advertisement
- CM 11 Beta Android 4.4 Kit Kat on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 and P3113 [File: cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-p3110.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20131107-signed.zip]
- Latest CWM for P3110 (WiFi only edition) [File: cwmr-220.127.116.11-p311x.tar]
Install unofficial CM11 Beta Android 4.4 Kit Kat on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 and P3113
- In order to be able to install Android 4.4 Kit Kat Custom Rom on your Tablet, you will first need to upgrade the CWM to the latest 18.104.22.168 version. Use the above mentioned file to upgrade the CWM.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110/P3113 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the aforementioned CM11 Android 4.4 Kit Kat Nightly file and copy it to the SD card of your tablet.
- Disconnect your tablet and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button but keep the Volume key pressed. After a few seconds of that, the tablet will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the tablet wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-p3110.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the tablet finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20131107-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet and boot up into customized Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROM CM 11 Beta. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest CM 11 Beta Android 4.4 Kit Kat ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110/P3113. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.