How to Install TWRP Recovery on Motorola Droid Razr HD
Motorola Droid Razr HD LTE comes with a 1.5GHz dual core processor, an 8 mega pixel camera, 1GB of RAM and much; making the device from Verizon all the more popular. Droid Razr HD LTE was shipped with Ice Cream Sandwich but now official Jelly Bean updates have been released. But you can’t have the real fun and excitement of the Jelly Bean without rooting it and trying some custom ROMs. For that having a recovery tool is required.
TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery build which is very easy to use for installing custom tweaks and custom ROMs. It’s almost as same as CWM but just with a bit of better interface and some additional features. Follow this tutorial to install TWRP recovery on Motorola Droid Razr HD XT925 device.
Note: Bootloader in your Motorola Droid must be unlocked to install recovery tool. Unlock bootloader from Motorola’s official website here.
How to install TWRP recovery on Motorola Droid Razr:
- Turn off your Motorola device.
- Reboot Droid Razr HD into fastboot mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now scroll down to AP Fastboot and select it using the Volume Up key.
- Connect your phone with computer using the USB cable.
- Open the folder where you had saved the fastboot and recovery files. Rename the recovery file from twrp-hdrecovery to recovery or rec to make it easy to use in commands later.
- On your PC open command prompt and type in the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
- Once flashed, reboot your device by typing this: fastboot reboot.
Ta da! TWRP is successfully installed on your Motorola RAZR HD XT925.