Install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 JB on AT&T Galaxy S3 – Stable Firmware
Slim Bean ROM build 2 for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is now being released. Not long ago Build 1 was released for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 which got very positive response for its amazing features. You can now install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 JB on AT&T Galaxy S3 i747 models. The is a stable firmware available for Galaxy S3 I747 devices.
Some new features and enhancements:
- TheRealDarkSlim Toggle (Initial)
- Shiny new SlimSizer
- Re-named SlimOTA to SlimCenter
- SlimFilemanager: Added root functionality
- Extended Quick Settings style options (tiles per row, press/bg color, etc)
- New notification & lockscreen shortcut icons
- Update DashClock to latest version
- NFC Polling Mode (AOKP)
- Lockscreen pattern: Toggle dots/error pattern visibility (from CM)
- Added Power/Camera to Lockscreen long-press button actions
- Add USB Tether tile & LTE tile
- Advanced low battery indicator options (popup/sound/notification)
- Mark dismissed call as missed
- Automatic keyboard rotation feature
- Fullscreen toggle added to browser menu
- Add Signature to Messaging option
- Customize charging battery color
- Added more scenes & focus modes to camera
- Added exposure and jpeg quality to video camera
Fixes made in Slim Bean Build 2:
- NavBar back / menu firing after long-press actions
- NavBar “kill app” action killing system apps and crashing system
- A2DP streaming sound quality fixes
- HTML5 audio playback
- BT tethering label
- HighEndFX properly hidden on devices with native support
- Fixed hide HighEndFX option for devices with native suppor
- Fixed routing for BT voicedial feature
- Low headphones sound issue fixed
- Fixed pinch to zoom Camera
Make sure to follow the prereqs before you install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 JB on AT&T Galaxy S3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 JB on AT&T Galaxy S3 I747:
- Connect Galaxy S3 I747 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your galaxy device.
- Disconnect the cable and switch off your SGS3. Boot in to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Next, perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step since it’s a custom ROM and might contain bugs.
- Now we need to perform a full data wipe operation by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition, when done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ROM file from Sd Card and select it using power button. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, repeat the above step but this time select gApps file instead of firmware file.
- Navigate to +++++Go Back and select reboot system now. Wait for the device to boot in to the new Slim Bean Build 2 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 for AT&T Galaxy S3 I747.
That’s it! You have successfully flashed the Slim Bean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 JB on your AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 device. Do let us know about your experience with the improvements and new features of the custom ROM.