Install ParanoidAndroid on Nexus 7 2013 – How to
There are many new mods and ROMs coming out for the new Nexus 7 2013 edition tablet. ParanoidAndroid has also been modified for the latest Google tablet. Remember ParanoidAndroid custom ROM is one the most popular custom firmwares of the Android community. Based on Android Open Source Project, it features different tweaks, Holo launcher and many other capabilities.
Prerequisites to check before you install ParanoidAndroid on Nexus 7 2013:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 7 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Nexus 7 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool installed on your Nexus.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Google Nexus 7 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install ParanoidAndroid on Nexus 7 2013:
- Connect your new Nexus 7 2 with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware and GApps files on your device’ SD card. Disconnect your Google tablet from computer when the copy is done.
- Switch off your Nexus 7 completely and reboot into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup: Backup and Restore > Backup
- Perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded ParanoidAndroid Android 4.3 based custom firmware file for Google Nexus 7 and confirm the installation.
- Once done, repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
Ta da! Your Google Nexus 7 2013 has now been flashed with the latest ParanoidAndroid ROM!
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.