Peek, Hover, Dynamic System Bars, CM13 Theme Engine – Flash Paranoid Android 6.0 on Nexus 6P
Adding into the list of popular custom firmware names, Paranoid Android 6.0 is also now available. Team Paranoid Android made a comeback earlier this month, bringing back a redesigned ROM with all new features. We have been sharing the installation guides with our readers, and today it’s about Nexus 6P. If you want to give the latest ROM a try, follow this guide to install Paranoid Android 6.0 on Huawei Nexus 6P.
Based on the very latest Android 6.0.1 builds, Paranoid Android 6.0 is available for a number of Nexus devices. Following are some of the features of this redesigned custom firmware.
- Custom Quick Settings (with super easy edit options)
- Integration of CyanogenMod‘s Theme Engine – any CM13 theme should work
- Floating windows support
- OTS (On-the-Spot) controls
- Dynamic system bars
- New Power menu
- Special gestures
- System-wide immersive mode
For more details and download links for other devices, please visit, Time to Get Paranoid, as Paranoid Android 6.0 is Here with “All New Features.”
Prerequisites to install Paranoid Android 6.0 for Nexus 6P:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 6P in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5P should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 6P and install custom recovery.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 6P carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install Paranoid Android 6 on Nexus 6P:
- Connect your Nexus 6P to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 6P and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM: in CWM, go to backup and restore and confirm the process.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the Paranoid Android 6.0 zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the Gapps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don’t get alarmed. Enjoy the all new features that Paranoid Android 6.0 brings to your Nexus 6P and don’t forget to share your experience with us.
– Want to experience the wonders of Paranoid Android 6.0 on Nexus 5X? Check out this guide.