Install LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Galaxy S4 I545
Among several other options, LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly is also one custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware available for Verizon Galaxy S4 smartphones. The ROM is smooth and brings in some features from AOKP, CM and other custom ROMs.
LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly ROM is an aftermarket firmware release based on Android Open Source Project Android 4.2.2 and can now be flashed in Galaxy S4 I545 devices. The ROM offers some features such as Chronus clock widget, customizable NavBar, navigation bar widget, status bar mods, theme engine, volume rocker music controls, and support for customizing the software and hardware buttons.
To update Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly AOSP custom ROM, follow this tutorial with simple steps and enjoy a new look and some pretty functions for your SGS4.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy S4 I545 to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly AOSP ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 carries more than 70% of charge.
Install LiquidSmooth Nightly Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Galaxy S4 I545
- Mount your device memory on computer using data cable and copy the downloaded files. Make sure to store them in the card root, not any folders.
- Switch off your device and disconnect from USB cable.
- Boot in to the CMW recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume UP, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once in ClockworkMod recovery mode, perform the Nandroid backup of your current ROM by selecting backup and restore option from the custom recovery main menu.
- Now, for a full data wipe operation: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache. Once done, from CMW go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Next, from sdcard select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Find the LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation finishes successfully, repeat the above step for the GApps package.
- After the installation is finished, go back to main recovery menu and reboot the Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 by selecting reboot system now.
Ta da! You have flashed the LiquidSmooth (v2.5) Nightly AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S4 model I545. We hope that you would like the ROM, but in case you want to switch back, just use your Nandroid backup and you’ll be good.