Install iOS 7 Beta 2 without UDID & Developer Account
We already did a post on how to install iOS Beta 1 for developers without UDID and developers account couple of weeks back. iOS 7 Beta 2 was seeded yesterday and with it too, it’s possible to install it without a developer account. Follow these few simple steps to install iOS 7 Beta 2 on your Apple devices without developer account.
How to install iOS 7 Beta 2 without UDID & Developer Account:
- Download the ipsw file for iOS 7 Beta 2 for your device.
- Connect your Apple device with computer now and launch iTunes.
- For Windows PCs use Shift, whereas press and hold Alt/Option key for MAC.
- Click on the Update button instead of the Restore button.
Here the trick actually is in pressing the Update option rather than going for the Restore one. Once it is done with restoring your device on iOS 7 Beta 2, your iPhone will reboot and you will be prompted that the restore process has been successfully completed. In case you end up disliking iOS 7 and want to revert back to older firmware, here’s the link to a full guide on how to downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Some of the Apple users who had already installed iOS 7 beta 1 without UDID and the developer account have confirmed that they have been able to upgrade to iOS 7 beta 2 by going the over-the-air update route without any issue.
It is also being said that this trick works on the iPad. Apple seeded the iOS 7 beta for the iPad and the iPad mini for the first time yesterday, below are the direct download links:
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)