Install DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Y Duos S6102
Recently rolled out DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is now available for download for Galaxy Y Duos S6102. Many users in Vietnam have already received the over-the-air updates. You can also download the DXMA2 firmware from official KIES but if you can’t yet or want to do a manual update then keep reading this very easy tutorial.
The S6102DXMA Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is more of bug fix and a regular maintenance update which you can now update your Galaxy Y Duos to now. It is always recommended to update your device to the latest available firmware version. The DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is ODIN flashable firmware and not CWM recovery mode flashable so you’d need ODIN in your computer.
Follow this guide carefully to install DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Y Duos S6102 but please be certain about your handset’s model number because this tutorial is specifically for Galaxy Y Duos model number S6102.
Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread DXMA2 Firmware Details:
Date: February, 2013
Prerequisites before you install DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Y Duos S6102 :
- Take a backup of your important data on your Galaxy Y Duos S6102: contacts, messages, emails, etc.
- Ensure to enable USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure your Duos has at least 80% of battery.
- This tutorial uses ODIN utility which works only on Windows OS. If you use Mac OS or Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) then please use cross platform tool Heimdall to flash this firmware.
Guide to install DXMA2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Y Duos S6102:
Required files: Odin 3.07 & Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread S6102DXMA2 for Galaxy Y Duos S6102
- Extract the firmware zip files to get a .tar and few more files.
- Extract Odin zip and you will get a Odin3 v3.07.exe file and a few others.
- Switch your Galaxy Y Duos off and wait for a few seconds for the vibration to confirm it’s completely turned off.
- Boot the Galaxy S6102 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding volume down , home, and power buttons together until phone reboots with a warning screens. Then it will boot into download mode.
- Run Odin3 exe file as an Administrator now and connect your device with PC using the data cable. A message “Added!!” will show on ODIN message box. In case you don’t get the message, try another USB port. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you have successfully added the Duos Y device.
- Select these files now from S6102DXMA2 folder in ODIn under the respective buttons:
- Click on the PDA button to select the .tar file with *code* appearing in its name.
- Under the Phone button, select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Now click the CSC Button and select the file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click on the PIT Button to select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in the odin window. If you are using .pit file then also make sure to check the Re-Partition checkbox.
- Double check every thing mentioned in last two steps and then press the START button which will begin the flashing process.
- Once it is done, phone will automatically reboot and you will soon see a PASS message with green background on your ODIN screen’s left-most box. You can now unplug your Samsung Galaxy Duos Y S6102 from the PC.
Verify in the Settings > About Phone that your Galaxy Y Duos is now running the latest DSMA2 Android 2.3.6 firmware.