CyanogenMod team has finally, after making the users wait for what seemed like a lifetime, released a stable version of their CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean rom. The ROM itself is now the official release of CM10.1 Custom ROM. It now now supports a wide variety of Galaxy S3 smartphones, including the AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. This build is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM and will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. You can also choose to download more Custom and Official ROMs for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747, here. Here is how you can install CM10.1 Final Build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
This new version of CyanogenMod Custom Firmware comes with various updates on top of Android 4.2.2’s latest native updates. And is the most stable build of CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.Advertisement
- CM 10.1 Final Build-Build 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 [File: cm-10.1.0-d2att.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Install CM10.1 Final Build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747
- Connect your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the afore mentioned CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Final Build file and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1.0-Final Build-d2att.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM 10.1 Final Build-build. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest CM 10.1 Final Build-build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.