Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Final Build on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727
The CyanogenMod team released a couple of days a go, a final version of CM 10.1 for AT&T Galaxy S2 SkyRocket I727. This build supports a wide variety of Galaxy S2 smartphones, including the Galaxy S2 I727. The latest Final-build is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, it will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727.
This new version of CyanogenMod Custom Firmware comes with various updates on top of Android 4.2.2’s latest native updates. And is the most stable build of CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.Advertisements
- CM 10.1 Final-Build 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For AT&T Galaxy S2 SkyRocket I727 [File: cm-10.1.0-skyrocket.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Download and Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Final Build on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727
- Connect your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the afore mentioned CM10.1 Final Build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Final Build file and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.1.0-skyrocket.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM 10.1 Final Build. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest CM 10.1 Final Build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.