Install CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i545
Samsung Galaxy S4 models have started receiving CyanogenMod 10.1 officially. Here is the tutorial to install the popular bloatware free custom firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i545.
Prerequisites to install CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-I545:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Install CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i545:
- After downloading the above files on your computer, connect your SGS4 i545 with the PC using the USB data cable and copy both these files on your Galaxy S4.
- Disconnect Samsung S4 from the PC and switch it off to boot it into the recovery mode.
- To boot your Galaxy S4 in to the recovery mode: press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously – release when the Samsung logo shows up.
- From the recovery mode menu, perform the wiping data tasks: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation – Select the wipe cache partition to clear the cache and wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik.
- Now we will flash the ROM file: select install zip from sdcard and follow it by taping on the choose zip from the sdcard option. Locate the CM10.1 ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once installation is completed, repeat the above step but this time choose and install the Google Apps package file instead of the OS file.
- Once done go back to main menu and select reboot system now to boot your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i545 to the newly flashed CM 10.1 Nightly mode.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.