Samsung Galaxy S4 models have started receiving CyanogenMod 10.1 officially. Here is the tutorial to install the popular bloatware free custom firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i545.
Prerequisites to install CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-I545:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Install CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i545:
- After downloading the above files on your computer, connect your SGS4 i545 with the PC using the USB data cable and copy both these files on your Galaxy S4.
- Disconnect Samsung S4 from the PC and switch it off to boot it into the recovery mode.
- To boot your Galaxy S4 in to the recovery mode: press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously – release when the Samsung logo shows up.
- From the recovery mode menu, perform the wiping data tasks: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation – Select the wipe cache partition to clear the cache and wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik.
- Now we will flash the ROM file: select install zip from sdcard and follow it by taping on the choose zip from the sdcard option. Locate the CM10.1 ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once installation is completed, repeat the above step but this time choose and install the Google Apps package file instead of the OS file.
- Once done go back to main menu and select reboot system now to boot your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i545 to the newly flashed CM 10.1 Nightly mode.