Install CM10.1 Nightly on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
Samsung Galaxy S4 models have started receiving CyanogenMod 10.1 officially. Here is the tutorial to install the popular bloatware free custom firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i337.
Note: this guide is specifically focused on installing CyanogenMod on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337, for installing CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4, read this tutorial, or CM10.1 for Verizon, CyanogenMod for T-Mobile, and CM 10.1 for Sprint SGS4 to flash CyanogenMod on other Galaxy S4 models .
Prerequisites to install CM10.1 Nightly on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to install CM10.1 Nightly on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337:
- After downloading the above files on your computer, connect your Galaxy smartphone with the computer using the USB data cable and copy both these files on your Galaxy S4.
- Disconnect Galaxy S4 from the PC and switch it off to boot it into the recovery mode: press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously – release when the Samsung logo shows up.
- From the recovery mode menu now, perform the data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation – Select the wipe cache partition to clear the cache and wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik.
- Next, flash the ROM file: select install zip from sdcard and follow by taping on the choose zip from the sdcard option. Locate the CM10.1 ofr AT&T ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once installation is completed, repeat the above step but this time choose and install the Google Apps package file instead of the firmware file.
- Once done go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 to the newly flashed CM 10.1 Nightly mode.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.