Samsung Galaxy S4 models have started receiving CyanogenMod 10.1 officially. Here is the tutorial to install the popular bloatware free custom firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S4 SGH-i337.
Note: this guide is specifically focused on installing CyanogenMod on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337, for installing CM10.1 Nightly on Verizon Galaxy S4, read this tutorial, or CM10.1 for Verizon, CyanogenMod for T-Mobile, and CM 10.1 for Sprint SGS4 to flash CyanogenMod on other Galaxy S4 models .
Prerequisites to install CM10.1 Nightly on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to install CM10.1 Nightly on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337:
- After downloading the above files on your computer, connect your Galaxy smartphone with the computer using the USB data cable and copy both these files on your Galaxy S4.
- Disconnect Galaxy S4 from the PC and switch it off to boot it into the recovery mode: press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously – release when the Samsung logo shows up.
- From the recovery mode menu now, perform the data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation – Select the wipe cache partition to clear the cache and wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik.
- Next, flash the ROM file: select install zip from sdcard and follow by taping on the choose zip from the sdcard option. Locate the CM10.1 ofr AT&T ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once installation is completed, repeat the above step but this time choose and install the Google Apps package file instead of the firmware file.
- Once done go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 to the newly flashed CM 10.1 Nightly mode.