Install CM10.1 Nightlies Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model P3100 tablet can now be updated to the CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies build on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This ROM will bring both the features and functions of CM 10.1 and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Follow this tutorial to successfully flash your 7″ galaxy tablet to the latest CM10.1 Nightlies ROM.
Important: this guide is strictly meant for the P3100 model of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet. So please don’t install this ROM on other models.
Pre-reqs to Install CM10.1 Nightlies Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your Tab 2 7.0 carries more than 80% of charge.
Install CM10.1 Nightlies Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- Connect your Tab 2 7.0 to PC using USB data cable and move the above downloaded files on your SdCard. Disconnect the Tab 2 7.0 when the files are successfully transferred.
- Turn your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 off to boot in to recovery mode.
- For booting in to the CWM, press Volume down and Power buttons together until the custom recovery menu appears.
- Create the Nandroid backup of your currently installed ROM if you don’t have one already. This will create a restore point for your Tab 2 in case something goes wrong with the cyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies ROM – recommended step.
- Now we will perform the wiping data operations: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation – skip this step if your tablet is already sporting a CM10.1 ROM, in which case you will be just flashing the new build over the old one.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard and locate the CM10.1 nightlies ROM and confirm its installation.
- Repeat the above step but this time choose GApps zip instead of the ROM file to install the Google Apps Package.
- Once these both files are successfully installed, go back the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot in to the new Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightlies ROM.
Ta da! Your Galaxy Tab 7.0 model number P3100 is now sporting the latest CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.