How to Install AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0 on Nexus 4
The first Release Candidate (RC) of AOSP 4.2.1 based ParanoidAndroid 3.0 started rolling out today to a selected devices. The couple of first selected devices include Nexus 4 (Mako) and Galaxy Nexus GSM (Maguro) with Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 following the suit soon.
In this newer version, based on AOSP 4.2.1, the new PA 3.0 brings a bucket of new features and enhancements including screenshot option, themable IME, new bootanimation and a lot of optimizations under the hood. Here is a list of what you should expect from the new AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0:
- Pie panels are centered and glide right under your thumb, don’t stretch in landscape
- New pie default colors (holo) for disabled per-app-color
- Screenshot option
- New statusbar icons (dont look “washed out” anymore)
- New bootanimation
- Unlockpattern cut off is gone
- IME is themable
- MMS black on black fix
- Pie without search agent should be fixed
- PAPrefs has been polished for easier use (still much to do)
- PAC support for bluetooth icon
- (Mako) Perfect kernel calibration, made one extra for pa
- (Mako) Autobrightness is adjusted for it
- (Mako) Fart vibration for on-touch is gone
- Tons of optimizations under the hood
Since it’s a custom ROM, you need to have a rooted device with custom recovery installed. If you have a rooted Nexus 4, you can get the new PA 3.0 Mako ROM and follow this guide to install AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0 on your Nexus 4 now!
How to Install AOSP ROM Paranoid Android 3.0 on Nexus 4:
Note: Please create a backup of your data in SD card or your computer and save all the important data.
- Download latest version of PA 3.0 for Mako via this link: goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/mako
- GApps is not included in the ROM, so please download GApps for Paranoid Android ROM too and copy these both files on your SD card.
- Boot your Nexus 4 in custom recovery mode (CWM / TWRP mode).
- After booting in recovery mode, using the wipe data/factory reset option in CWM recovery wipe all your data.
- Flash ROM & GApps files one by one, and reboot your Nexus 4.
The battery % is one big miss-out from this release which is being promised to show in the upcoming version. Have some fun with this new PA 3.0 and let us know about your feedback.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.