The AOKP team has gone out of its way to introduced support for AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317. While their product line up now includes nightly and monthly upgrades, namely; AOKP Nightly Builds and AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317 Milestone Builds, they’ve only released a nightly build for the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317.
The new version of the already famous AOKP custom rom based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean contains plenty of new features. And with the new release schedule, it will only be brining more features to consumers, faster than ever before.
AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 supports a wide variety of Galaxy Note 2 handsets, including the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317. The latest AOKP custom rom is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, which will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317.
New Features in AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
- Lockscreen can be themed
- New NavBar and Lockscreen UserInterface
- DayDream now available on Wireless Charger
- Open Source SuperUser
- StatusBar can be hidden using a toggle button
- Sleep mode can be activated using a toggle button
- Volume adjustment via Sound Preferences
- Web GL on Nexus 10
- Toggles can now be scrolled sideways
- Lockscreen ring targets are back
- New Toggles (Screenshot + Reboot)
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317 [File: aokp_t0lteatt_nightly_2013-06-12.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
Install AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317
- Connect your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean file and copy it to the internal SD card of your phone, without unzipping it.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on ‘Install zip from internal sdcard’ option, then on ‘Choose zip from internal sdcard’. Once in directory, look for aokp_t0lteatt_nightly_2013-06-12.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you will need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Your phone will take a while to boot for the first time, after the installation of the new rom, do not panic!
You are now running AOKP JB-MR1 Nightly Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 LTE SGH-I317. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.