Install AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Nexus 7 3G
AOKP has released two brand new sets of custom roms. The two product line ups are meant for nightly and monthly upgrades, namely; AOKP Nightly Builds and AOKP Milestone Builds.
The new version of the already famous AOKP custom rom based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean contains plenty of new features. And with the new release schedule, it will only be brining more features to consumers, faster than ever before.
The latest AOKP custom rom is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, which will allow you to enjoy the latest iteration of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Nexus 7 3G.
New Features in AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
- Lockscreen can be themed
- New NavBar and Lockscreen UserInterface
- DayDream now available on Wireless Charger
- Open Source SuperUser
- StatusBar can be hidden using a toggle button
- Sleep mode can be activated using a toggle button
- Volume adjustment via Sound Preferences
- Web GL on Nexus 10
- Toggles can now be scrolled sideways
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your tablet to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Google Nexus 7 3G [File: aokp_tilapia_jb-mr1_milestone-1.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
How to Install AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Nexus 7 3G
- Connect your Google Nexus 7 3G with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean file and copy it to the internal SD card of your tablet, without unzipping it.
- Disconnect your tablet and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Google Nexus 7 3G into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the tablet will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the tablet wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on ‘Install zip from internal sdcard’ option, then on ‘Choose zip from internal sdcard’. Once in directory, look for aokp_tilapia_jb-mr1_milestone-1.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the tablet finishes installing the ROM, you will need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet and boot up into customized AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Your tablet will take a while to boot for the first time, after the installation of the new rom, do not panic!
You are now running AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Google Nexus 7 3G. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.