Google Nexus 10 P8110 has received an AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM upgrade. The latest iteration of this build is AOKP JB-MR1 Build 2 based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with additional customizations.
Some of these modded features include multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature, miracast display and more.
So cutting the story short, here is how you can do the upgrade.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. Although most of the ROMs today are virtually brick proof, but it is always recommended to be cautious since it will be your own responsibility if anything goes wrong.
- AOKP JB-MR1 Build 2 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Google Nexus 10 [File: aokp_manta_jb-mr1_build-2.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip]
Guide to Install AOKP JB-MR1 Build 2 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Nexus 10 P8110
- Connect your tablet to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your tablet. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your tablet.
- Now, boot into recovery. You can do this by, first turning off your device and then booting into bootloader. Once you are in bootloader navigate to “Recovery Mode” using volume keys and then select it using Power button.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM, so that you can recover your current install if the new ROM does not perform satisfactorily for you. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset, select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the aokp_manta_jb-mr1_build-2.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the tablet and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM AOKP JB-MR1 Build 2. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
Congrats! You are now running Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM AOKP JB-MR1 Build 2.