How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Zephyr custom firmware is now available for Samsung Galaxy S5. The ROM is rooted and debloated for faster performance and smoother experience. Bringing Nougat’s beautiful UI and new features, you can now install Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy S5 with the help of Zephyr ROM.
Zephyr Android 7.1.1 Nougat features
-Carrier Label customisations
-AOSPA battery styles
-Clock & Date customisation
-Network Traffic indicator
-status bar brightness control
-DT2S on navbar
-recents panel search bar toggle
-Hardware buttons action (for HWnavkeys devices only)
-Longpress recents button to switch between apps
-Middle Lockscreen shortcuts (custom apps)
-Music seek control when screen locked
-Volume rocker wake
-LockScreen Music Visualizer
- NOTIFICATION DRAWER
-Customize quick settings tiles(add / delete / rearrange)
-Brightness slider toggle
-Vibrate on touch
-toggle status bar icons
-Time contextual Headers
-Disable Quick Settings in secured lockscreen
– GESTURES (Hand Wave / Pocket mode)
– Dashboard switches
– SUBSTRATUM for theming
– Per app expanded desktop control
– Multi window mode
– Paranoid Android’s Floating Window
– Ability to pause / resume downloads
– Custom Ambient Display settings
– AppOps / Privacy Guard
– Reset Battery Stats option
For more features, problems, bugs, and support, please visit the official thread.
Prerequisites to install Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy S5
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy S5
Required file: download Zephyr Android 7.1.1 ROM and copy the zip file to your SD card
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Then, go back to CWM/TWRP recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the Zephyr custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone to the latest firmware.
Don’t forget to share your favorite Nougat ROMs with us.