Samsung has started rolling out an OTA update of ZCUAMF3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in China for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 i9152. KIES, the official utility, is currently not available to install this firmware update but you can go for an OTA update. In case you haven’t gotten any update notification yet, then follow this very simple tutorial to manually update this official Android 4.2.2 JB update for Galaxy Mega.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ZCUAMF3 official firmware:
Date: June, 2013
Prerequisites to install ZCUAMF3 Android 4.2.2 official update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 i9152:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Mega in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Mega 5.8 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to install Android 4.2.2 official update for Galaxy Mega 5.8:
Required files: download official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other optional files. Extract Odin and install it on your computer.
- Switch your Galaxy Mega off and wait for a few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Boot your Mega 5.8 i9152 in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see an Android construction bot on screen, after which press Volume Up again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Run Odin .exe as an admin on your PC (admin rights are required) and connect your Samsung Galaxy Mega i9152 with your computer using the data cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- When your smart phone is successfully connected, locate the files from I9152ZCUAMF3 folder. In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Also, select Re-Partition if you have got a .pit file (in following step).
- Click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name (required). If you have any other optional files, then click on Phone to select a file with *modem* in its name, on CSC button select a file with *csc* in its name and finally click on PIT to select the .pit file. All these latter three are optional files so no need to worry if you haven’t got any such files.
- Hit the START button after double checking everything in the last two steps to initiate the official firmware update process.
- Once installation is successfully completed; your Galaxy Mega 5.8 will reboot automatically and you will get a PASS message in Odin.
- Now you can disconnect Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 i9152 from your computer.