How to Install and Root Official XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S7 edge
Samsung has started releasing a new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update to Galaxy S7 edge. The latest update brings bug fixes, important security patches, and a new text scaling feature to the curvy flagship smartphone of the year. If you can’t wait for the official notification, or are looking for links to manually install and root XXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, this guide will help you out.
G935FXXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Model SM-G935F
- Model name Galaxy S7 edge
- Version Android 6.0.1
- Changelist 8040641
- Build date Tue, 10 May 2016 09:56:07 +0000
- Security Patch Level 2016-05-01
- Product code PVT
- PDA G935 FXXU1APE9
- CSC G935FUWE1APE9
Before you proceed to install XXU1APE9 on Galaxy S7 edge
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the installation guide:
- Download and install USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > tap for about five times to enable Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge’s battery is charged up to more than 70%.
Check and confirm your phone’s model number: Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number. This guide is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge model G935F.
How to install FXXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1 on S7 edge
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S7 edge download mode.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. When connected successfully, ID:COM boxes will turn yellow. (In case the smartphone isn’t successfully added to Odin, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with AP or Code in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the. pit file – ignore if you didn’t get any such file.
- Click on BL and select file with BL in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the. pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can unplug your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
After you have successfully installed FXXU1APE9 Android 6.0.1, you can then go ahead to root Galaxy S7 edge on the latest firmware.