HTC One Tips & Tricks – What You Might Be Missing
HTC One has already been updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and is set to receive 4.4 KitKat come January. Latest OS updates and coolest features are going to keep this smartphone in throughout the next year too! It came up in our Best November Buys list too, by the way. Here are a few tiny little HTC One tips and tricks to help you in getting the most convenience out of your smartphone.
Don’t forget to share your HTC One tips with us too!
Permanently hide BlinkFeed:
- On homescreen, slide over a window or two (as needed) to locate an empty page.
- Then tap and hold on the empty area and after a second, a window with your widgets will pop up.
- On the top, there will be three thumbnails of your primary screens. Tap and hold the screen you want to set as your new home screen.
- After a while, you will see a new menu above the thumbnails that says Set as home. Drag and drop your new screen to that option.
No more live feeds and news. You can access BlinkFeed any time with just a swipe.
Self diagnostic tool:
Did you know you can diagnose problems with HTC One yourself? Confused if One is not charging because of bad charges or error in the device? And other such problems. Here is how to run a diagnostics test:
- Dial *#*#3424#*#* which will bring up the HTC Diagnostic Test screen.
- Select Accept and the test menu will appear.
- You can now either go for Select All or check the box with the corresponding tests you wish to run.
- HTC One will run the tests and notify you.
Change your phone’s speed:
- Go to Settings > Developer Options > Advanced.
- Scroll down to Animation and uncheck the Animation box.
Changing the animation scale will make your phone speedier, or go for slower transitions. This affects the screen’s fading behavior.
HTC One doesn’t come with Developer Options enabled by default. Here is how to enable it:
- Go to Settings > About > Software Information > More.
- Tap on Build number some seven times. You will see a notification at the bottom, informing you how many taps away you are from being a developer!
Once done, you will get a You are now a developer! pop up.
Easy scrolling in contacts list:
- In your address book, swipe up or down with two fingers together on the screen. This will bring you up an alphabet box, allowing you to scroll through each individual letter.
This works with music library as well!
HTC One tips and tricks – locate, wipe and lock your HTC One:
- Go to android.com/devicemanager on your PC and log into the same Google account that your phone is connected with.
- Once in, accept the location conditions.
- You would now see your HTC One and a map would load and specify the exact location of your device.
In case you want to be able to remotely wipe and lock it, set this option on your HTC One:
- Go to Settings > Security > Device administrators > Android Device Manager.
- Tap on Activate.
Quickly switch between front and rear cameras:
- In portrait mode, swipe the screen from either left to right or right to left. In landscape mode, swipe from bottom to top or top to bottom.
- You will notice a camera icon between transitions with an arrow circling it. Selfie time!
HTC One tips and tricks – enlarge Messages text the simplest way!
- Go to Messages and select a conversation.
- Pinch-in to enlarge the text; pinch-out to shrink.
HTC One tips and tricks – Volume rockers as TV controller!
Couch potatoes! Thank me – I am thanking myself. Here is how to control your television with HTC One volume keys. Yes, it was highly advertised; but in case you missed it somehow.
- Sync your HTC One to your TV.
- Press up/down rockers to increase or decrease the volume.