Samsung Galaxy Y can now be updated to something very different and yet appealing. You can now give your Android smart phone an Apple look with the iOS based custom firmware. This tutorial will guide you on how you can update your Galaxy Y with Android 4.0 ICS based iROM custom firmware inspired by iOS. The custom firmware is packed with iOS themes, apps and many capabilities and features.
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy Y with iOS based iROM custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Y in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Go to Settings > Applications and enable the Unknown sources option.
- Make sure that custom recovery tool (CWM or TWRP) is installed. Update recovery tool to the latest.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Y carries more than 70% of charge.
Update Galaxy Y with iOS based iROM custom ROM:
Required files: download the iROM update file from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy Y with computer using a USB cable and extract the update file on your phone’s SDcard.
- Disconnect the connection between Galaxy Y and your computer.
- Now switch your smartphone off and reboot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup now: go to backup and restore > restore.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset and confirm. Once done, come back to main menu and select wipe cache partition. Also wipe dalvik cache by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache under Advance option.
- Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and locate the update file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the Google Apps Package. Locate GApps file instead of ROM firmware to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your Galaxy Y into the new ICS based and iOS themed iROM custom ROM.