Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Based on Samsung’s TouchWiz UI 6.0, the latest custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5 G9005 brings improved performance to your smartphone. Pre-rooted, debloated, the ROM brings stable, fast and smooth performance to your Galaxy S5. Follow this guide to update Galaxy S5 G900F to xXx Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM if you don’t like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Next, Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the Android 6.0.1 custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- Once the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to repeat the above step to install GApps on your SGS5.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone to the latest firmware