How to Speed Up Android Device with Fly-On Mod
Android devices prove to be very interesting gadgets for many Android geeks; customize it, optimize, tweak or change the system the way you want it. But sometimes we do get into the trouble of lagged devices, performing slower than we expect. But Android does has a strong community which tries to give solutions for every problem, same is the case with speeding up your Android device. This is what our today’s how-to guide is about: make your device more efficient and faster.
One of the most popular XDA method of accelerating the performance of your Android device is by using a script known as fly-on mod. This script focuses on giving a smooth and faster experience on Android smartphones and tablets. The script would hopefully fix any lags in your Android device too, making it perform even better.
Prerequisites to speed up Android device with fly-on MOD:
- Do perform the Nandroid backup to be able to restore your device back.
- Your Android device should be rooted.
- Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) or higher.
- Please install any custom recovery tool like CWM or TWRP.
- Your device must be charged up to 70% at least.
- init.d should be enabled – follow the instructions below to do this task.
How to speed up Android device with Fly-On Mod:
Please download all the required files before proceeding to the instructions:
- Download script init.d: download link
- Download Signed_Fly-On_Mod_V4.0-Alpha1_stock.zip: download link
- Download Fly-On_ram_manager_multitasking.zip: download link
- Download Lagfix Free: download link
- Download SwapGen: download link
To make sure if init.d is enabled or not on your device, follow these steps:
- Enter to folder /etc with root explorer.
- Find the directory init.d under /etc folder.
- If you find the init folder, then check the script inside the folder to know the file name and its function.
If you didn’t find any init.d folder, then follow these steps to enable it:
- Copy init.d script downloaded earlier to the sdcard of Android device.
- Install Busybox Installer and update the busy box.
- Install Android Terminal.
- Run the terminal and then enter to /sdcard directory – where you copied init.d script.
- Now in Android terminal, type the following commands to run the script:
- cd sdcard
- sh term-init.sh
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Reboot your device.
- Verify it through test.log file in ini/data directory.
- Note: if you have Rom Toolobox Pro on your device then you’ll be having all the tools to perform init.d script.
Run the Fly-On Mod script:
- Copy the Signed_Fly-On_Mod_V4.0-Alpha1_stock.zip to sdcard of your device.
- Reboot to recovery and then flash the zip file copied earlier.
- Reboot your device.
Fly-On RAM manager:
- Copy Fly-On_ram_manager_multitasking.zip to sdcard.
- Reboot to recovery and flash the file.
Lagfix & Swapgen:
Lagfix and Swapgen are both apps to increase Android performance. Lagfix is useful to defragment internal memory to make I/O processes faster. SwapGen is useful for Android device that have 512MB of RAM or below.
*You can make Swap RAM partition in /cache directory instead of the SD Card. To know the amount of swap file size, follow the recommendations from app.
Hope installing all these tweaks and binaries would help you better the performance of your Android devices. For more, please check the developer’s page here.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.