How to Root Sony Xperia ZR with One-Click Root Tool
The Sony Xperia ZR has been released very recently, powered with strong specs and waterproof feature. The device is very similar to the Xperia Z offering almost similar specifications. In this tutorial today, we are using a very easy, one-click root tool to root Sony Xperia ZR. Since rooting takes your device’ performance and looks to another level, with the use of custom ROMs and tweaks, almost every Android fan looks forward to rooting the device and tweaking it to the required capabilities.
You will have to install a custom recovery tool after rooting your device to be able to flash custom ROMs and builds; which will improve, customize and optimize your ZR’s performance. Follow this very easy guide to start your custom journey.
Prerequisites to root Sony Xperia ZR with one-click root tool:
- Backup any important data from your Xperia ZR as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > More > Applications > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Deactivate any security programs from your computer and Sony device as they might interfere with the root tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: the one click root solution guide is only written for the Sony Xperia ZR so please do not try it for rooting a similar or different Android device.
How to root Sony Xperia ZR with one-click root tool:
Required files: download the one click root tool from here. Save the file on your computer’s desktop and do not extract its contents.
- From the Settings of your Xperia ZR, go to Security and enable Unknown sources.
- Using a USB cable, connect your ZR with the computer.
- Locate the one click root tool folder from your smart phone and run the runme_win.bat executable file.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions for rooting your Xperia device.
- Once the device is successfully rooted, it would automatically be rebooted.
- You can now unplug the USB cord as the process has successfully finished.
Ta da! You have got your brand new Sony Xperia ZR rooted. It is now ready for some productive and fun custom ROM, apps, kernels and more; achieving better battery life and improved performance.