Root Nexus 5 on Android M – How to
We already shared with you Android M Developer Preview download links and flashing guide. Here is how you can root Nexus 5 on Android M after you have updated it to the latest mobile OS.
Prerequisites to root Nexus 5 on Android M MPZ44Q:
- Create a backup of all important data in your device.
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: do not try this tutorial if you aren’t aware about rooting process and fixes. In any case, WCCFTech will not be responsible of any damage to your device.
How to root Nexus 5 on Android M MPZ44Q:
Extract Fastboot in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory; create it if you don’t have it (skip this step if you have everything setup already).
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable.
- Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip to your Nexus 5’s SD card root.
- Power off your Nexus 5.
- Download CWM 188.8.131.52 and save it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer.
- Boot in to Fastboot: use Volume down and Power buttons simultaneously until you see the bootloader screen with START on top.
- On your PC: navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools > Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > click on Open Command Prompt) and type:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-hammerhead.img
- When done, choose Recovery in the Fastboot menu.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
- Locate the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Nexus 5.
- That’s it.
Enjoy your rooted Nexus 5 on Android M – the very latest OS from Google.