Root Moto G with Superboot – How to
You can easily root your Moto G with Superboot. Superboot is a kernel image file which is used to install SU binaries and APK on your Moto G. Here is how to get the most of this popular mid-level, Quad-core 1.2GHz, Snapdragon 400 powered Android device. Root Moto G and start installing custom firmwares!
Note: this guide mentions steps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Prerequisites to root Moto G with Superboot:
- Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked; you can easily do it from Motorola Website.
- Before rooting, create a backup of your Moto G as unlocking will erase all the data from your device.
- Your Moto G must charged to at least 60% before you start the process.
How to root Moto G with superboot:
- Power your Moto G off; press Volume Down and Power buttons altogether to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Connect your Moto G to the computer using a USB cable and do the following:
- For Windows: run superboot-windows.bat as an Administrator.
- For MAC, open a terminal window to the directory containing the superboot files and type the following commands:
- chmod +x superboot-mac.sh
- sudo ./superboot-mac.sh
- For Linux, open a terminal window to the directory and type the following:
- chmod +x superboot-linux.sh
- sudo ./superboot-linux.sh
Ta da! Reboot your Moto G and you will have the super access to your device. Enjoy the real FREE mobile life.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.