How to Root Galaxy S4 i9500 on Official XXUBMGA Android 4.2.2 JB Firmware
You can now root your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 running on the stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA firmware with an easy to root tool. Unlocking your Android smartphone opens up an array of new features, apps and capabilities making your smartphone even more powerful and efficient. Once you root your device and install a custom recovery tool, you can empower it with custom kernels and ROMs, the way you want. Here is how to root Galaxy S4 i9500 on official XXUBMGA 4.2.2 JB OS.
Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to root Samsung Galaxy S4 model i9500 running on stock / official Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMGA firmware.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 i9500 on official XXUBMGA 4.2.2 JB OS:
- Download and install USB drivers for SGS4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that no anti-virus programs are running on the computer when you start the installation process.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA official firmware:
- Install Odin on your pc and launch the program.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Click on PDA on Odin and locate the root file. Hit the Start button to initiate the root process.
- After a while, when you SGS4 gets unlocked successfully, ID:COM will turn green on Odin and Odin will also show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off S4 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.