Install CM 11 Android 4.4 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
An unofficial version of CM 11 can now be flashed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This firmware is based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat and has been developed by an XDA dev. To flash this CM 11 Android 4.4 for Galaxy Note 2, check the steps below.
Prerequisites to check before you install unofficial CM 11 Android 4.4 for Galaxy Note 2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this guide is specifically tailored to Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2; do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to install unofficial CM 11 Android 4.4 for Galaxy Note 2:
- Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to your computer using a data cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your Note.
- Boot Note 2 into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore.
- Perform wipe data operations: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Next, from recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 11 Android 4.4 unofficial firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, follow the above step for GApps package installation.
- Once done with both the installations, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Sprint Note 2 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so kindly be patient.
Ta da! You have successfully installed unofficial CM 11 Android 4.4 for Galaxy Note 2 Sprint!
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.