How to Install AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM on Verizon Galaxy S4
Follow this tutorial to install an unofficial build of AOKP Jelly Bean Preview custom ROM based on AOSP Android 4.3 that has been leaked for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone.
Prerequisites to install AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM on Verizon Galaxy S4:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Verizon SGS4 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM for Verizon Galaxy S4:
Required files: download the AOKP 4.3 based Preview custom firmware file from here. Also download the Google Apps Package for your smartphone. Save both the files on your computer and do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 with computer using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your Verizon SGS4 from computer when the copy is done and power it off.
- Reboot your Verizon Galaxy S4 into recovery mode.
- Take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded firmware file and confirm the installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy S4, repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When done, reboot your Galaxy S4 to boot into the newly installed AOKP 4.3 Preview Unofficial test custom firmware.