Android 6.0.1 AOSP Custom ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 – How to
Looking for a custom ROM that offers nothing but a pure Android experience on your Samsung Galaxy S4? AOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow brings only the AOSP Android experience with no features overloading the system. The custom ROM is fast, smooth and stable. However, the ROM is still in the beta, which means some of the features might not work properly. Here is how to install Android 6.0.1 AOSP on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505.
Prerequisites to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install Android 6.0.1 AOSP on Galaxy S4 I9505:
Required files: download the Android 6.0.1 AOSP custom firmware for Galaxy S4 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard, followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AOSP Marshmallow ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM.
First boot may take a while longer than usual, so don’t be worried. Let us know about your experience with AOSP Android 6.0.1 custom ROM.