In this tutorial we will guide you through the process of downloading and installing the iOS 7 GM for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. iOS 7 Gold Master was announced right after the announcement of iPhone 5S and 5C. The OS will be made publicly available on 18th September so you won’t be needed to have your device’s UDID to be registered in order to download the OS. But since it hasn’t yet been officially released, you will have to be a registered developer with Apple to get access to iOS 7 GM download links.
How to download iOS 7 GM (Gold Master):
Required files: download file from the links shared below according to your device – you must have an Apple ID to go forward.
- iPad (4 A1458), iPad (4 A1459), iPad (4th gen A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432), iPad mini (A1454), iPad mini (A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM), iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428), iPhone 5 (A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A), iPhone 4 (GSM), iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th gen)
- Sign up at iOS Dev Center by going to this URL into your browser.
- Go to developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action and sign in to your account using your Apple ID credentials.
- Go to iOS 7 GM on the developer’s portal and the click on Downloads. Download the IPSW file mentioned for your device.
- The downloaded file will be in .dmg format. If you’re running on a Mac, simply extract the .IPSW from the .dmg file; for those on Windows, you will need a program like 7-Zip to do the job.
- To install iOS 7 GM, open iTunes and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer. If your device doesn’t get automatically selected in iTunes, select it and go to the Summary tab.
- In OS X, hold down the ALT key (use the shift key in Windows) and click the Restore button. iTunes will now let you locate the .ipsw file that you have downloaded – select it. Wait for the update to be finished.
Let the iTunes do its stuff and ta da! Your device is now running the final build of iOS 7 Gold Master!